Let me get right to the point: ALL LAWN & GARDEN CHEMICALS WILL MAKE YOUR PETS SICK. There are no exceptions to this rule!
Just as you can be sickened by Sevin Dust, Spectracide, Bug B Gon, Scott’s Weed & Feed, 2,4-D, Triazicide, Bayer All-In-One products or any other lawn care chemical, so can your pet.
Pesticides and herbicides are toxic chemicals. They are poison. Get that?
Every time you use products like Sevin Dust, Bug B Gon, 2,4-D or others, you run the risk of poisoning your cat or dog. (or yourself and your kids, too.)
Pesticides are neurotoxins, meaning they act on the brain. They’ve also been found to increase chances of cancer in animals, respiratory disease, muscle weakness and a host of other serious complications.
Pesticides and lawn care chemicals do not dissipate. When your pet walks on the lawn you just treated with Bug B Gon, Spectracide, Scott’s Weed & Feed or 2,4-D, it will pick up residue on its feet and coat. It tracks it into your home. Then, in grooming itself, it ingests the chemical.
In a study conducted by Purdue University found that even after lawn chemicals had dried, reside was still found on dogs tested.
In 2,4-D exposure, dogs were found to have very high instances of malignant lymphoma. Despite numerous epidemiological studies linking it to cancer in dogs and people, The EPA refuses to classify it as a carcinogen.
These are not harmless chemicals. They cause significant neurological and endocrine damage in humans and pets.
Please educate yourself. Your health, the health of your family and that of your pet depends on it.
If You Use Pesticides, READ THIS! <— A “Pesticides 101” primer.