Got Sevin Dust? You’re killing bees.
From the label:
Environmental Hazards BEE CAUTION: MAY KILL HONEY BEES AND OTHER BEES (<–Click on link & enlarge to see full text of Sevin label)
Product name GARDENTECH® SEVIN®-READY-TO-USE 5% DUST
Emergency Overview Caution! Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Harmful if inhaled. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Avoid breathing dust.
Ingestion Harmful if swallowed. This product causes reversible cholinesterase inhibition without long term effects. Repeated overexposure may cause more severe cholinesterase inhibition with more pronounced symptoms. May lead to rapid onset of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, involuntary shaking, excess salivation, pinpoint pupils, blurred vision, profuse sweating, temporary paralysis, respiratory depression, and convulsions. Do not take internally.
Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds if bees are visiting the treatment area.
Extremely toxic to aquatic and estuarine invertebrates. Highly toxic to bees
So, if you haven’t figured it out by now, if you are using Sevin Dust , YOU are helping to kill our very valuable bees.
I just went on the “duh” site, “Ask.com” and read all the moronic posts from Neanderthals who use this stuff. Why don’t people GET this? If you use any kind of garden chemical, especially Sevin Dust, you will kill beneficial insects like bees.
MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet on Sevin Dust including precautions